1/2 cup Walnuts
2 tbsp. Sugar Free Maple Syrup
1/2 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
1/4 tsp. Dill
2 3 oz. Salmon Fillets
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Add a 1/2 cup of walnuts to a food processor.
2. To it, add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and your spices.
3. Then add a tablespoon of mustard.
4. Pulse this in the food processor until it has a paste like consistency.
5. Heat up a pan or skillet with a tablespoon of oil until it’s very hot. Dry the salmon fillets thoroughly and place it skin side down in the pan. Let it sear, undisturbed for about 3 minutes.
6. While it’s searing, add your walnut mixture to the top side of the salmon fillets.
7. Once they’ve seared, transfer them to an oven and bake for about 8 minutes.
8. Serve with some fresh spinach and enjoy! Optionally, sprinkle with a little bit of smoked paprika.
This makes a total of 2 serving of Low Carb Walnut Crusted Salmon. Each serving comes out to be 373 Calories, 43g Fats, 3g Net Carbs, and 20g Protein.