1 tsp. Coriander Seeds
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
2 Chili Peppers, sliced
2 cups Chicken Broth
2 cups Water
1 tsp. Turmeric
1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
4 tbsp. Tomato Paste
16 oz. Chicken Thighs
2 tbsp. Butter
1 medium Avocado
2 oz. Queso Fresco
4 tbsp. Fresh Cilantro, chopped
Juice of half a Lime
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Cut up and set your chicken thighs to cook in an oiled pan. Season with salt and pepper, cook, then set it aside to rest.
2. In 2 tablespoons of olive oil, heat up your coriander seeds to release more of their flavor.
3. Once they’re fragrant, add in your sliced chili peppers to add their flavor to the oil.
4. Then add in your broth and water and let this come to a simmer. Season in this step as well. Turmeric, ground cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Once the soup is simmering, add in your tomato paste and butter and stir to melt and combine. Let your soup simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
6. Reduce heat on the stove and add the juice of half a lime.
7. Place 4 ounces of chicken thighs into the bottom of the bowl so you can pour the soup over it.
8. Ladle the soup for a serving. Garnish with ¼ of an avocado into each bowl, half an ounce of queso fresco and cilantro.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Hot Chili Soup. Each serving comes out to be 396 Calories, 27.8g Fats, 5.8g Net Carbs, and 28g Protein.