- 1 6oz bag seed and fruit mix
- ¼ c. flaxseeds
- 2/3 c. dark brown sugar
- ½ c. + 1 T. honey (preferably orange blossom if you have a choice!)
- ¼ c. sunflower seed oil or olive oil
- 1 T. gluten-free vanilla extract
- ¼ c. chia seeds (preferably Mila)
- 2 ½ c. Enjoy Life Foods Crunchy Flax with Chia cereal
- ½ c. dried cranberries
- ½ c. candied ginger, cut into small pieces
- Line a 9×9 glass-baking dish with parchment paper, letting 2 sides overhang to use as handles later.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place the pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and flaxseeds on a baking sheet. Toast for 9–10 minutes until lightly browned. Pour into a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, whisk together the dark brown sugar, honey, and oil until a nice caramel has formed, about 5–6 minutes. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the chia seeds, Crunchy Flax with Chia cereal, dried cranberries, and candied ginger to the bowl with the toasted pumpkin seeds. Mix together.
- Pour the warm caramel over mixture and stir to combine everything. Pour into the parchment lined baking dish. Place another small piece of parchment on top and press the mixture down firmly to compress. Cool about an hour and then cut into the 16 squares. Keep wrapped tightly with plastic to maintain freshness.