- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- ½ tbsp ghee
- 2 Italian sausages, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil and the ghee in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sprinkle with salt. Cook on low heat for 30-40 minutes, until dark brown and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, peel the sweet potatoes and chop into bite-size pieces.
- Place into a large bowl with the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil and rosemary.
- In a separate skillet, cook the sausages until browned. Add the cooked onions and sausages to the bowl with the sweet potatoes and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread out the sweet potato mixture evenly onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes until the potatoes are soft and browned.
- Either refrigerate overnight at this point or proceed to the next step.
- Place the sweet potato hash into a cast iron skillet and make three small wells to crack the eggs into.
- Crack eggs into the skillet and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes at 425 degrees F until the eggs are set.