18 Slices Bacon (2 1/2 Slices Bacon per “Muffin”)
7 Large Eggs (1 Egg per “Muffin”)
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese (1-2 Tbsp. per “Muffin”)
4 Tbsp. Heavy Cream
1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
1/2 tsp. Celery Salt
1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1. Preheat your oven 375F.
2. Grab your bacon, I normally used a thinner sliced bacon for this – otherwise it’s not as pliable and hard to form into the cupcake tray.
3. Cut your bacon into half, you might want to save a few extra pieces in case they are needed to plug any missing holes in your bacon baskets.
4. Start by putting half of a piece of bacon at the bottom of your cupcake tray.
5. Go around the edges of the cupcake holes with bacon, pressing them down to connect all the bacon together. Add more bacon as needed to fill in any gaps.
6. Let’s start on the eggs. Use 1 egg per fritatta that you have.
7. Add 4 Tbsp. Heavy Cream, then add your spices – black pepper, onion powder, celery salt, and cayenne pepper.
8. Whisk the mixture well until the egg mixture is scrambled and the spices are evenly distributed.
9. Put 1-2 Tbsp. of cheddar cheese at the bottom of each bacon fritatta.
10. Put about 1/4 cup of egg mixture into each bacon mold, trying your best to not let any egg leak out.
11. Put them into the oven for 25 minutes, when they come out they will be puffed up – they will fall a little bit as they cool.
12. Let them cool for 10 minutes and remove them from the cupcake tray.
13. Serve and enjoy!
I made 7 total muffins with this recipe, each muffin being: 267.9 Calories, 20.9g Fats, 1.4g Net Carbs, and 18.7g Protein.