2 slices Bacon, already cooked
1 tsp. Bacon Fat
2 large Eggs
1 oz. Cheddar Cheese
2 stalks Chives
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Make sure that you have all of your ingredients ready to go as the omelette will cook quickly. Shred the cheese, pre-cook the bacon, and have the chives chopped (or use herb scissors if you’re lazy like me).
2. Heat a pan with bacon fat in it to medium-low heat. You want it emitting a decent amount of heat when you hover your hand above the pan. Add the eggs, and season with chives, salt, and pepper.
3. Once the edges are starting to set, add your bacon to the center and let cook for 20-30 seconds longer. Then, turn the heat off on the stove.
4. Add the cheese on top of the bacon, making sure it’s centered. Then, take two edges of the omelette and fold them onto the cheese. Hold the edges there for a moment as the cheese has to partially melt to act as a “glue” to hold them in place.
5. Do the same with the other edges, creating a burrito of sorts, then flip over and let cook in the now warm pan for a little longer.
6. Serve with a bit of extra cheese, bacon, and chives on top if you’d like – but by itself it’s just plain delicious.
This makes 1 serving of Bacon Cheddar Chive Omelette. The macros come out to be 463 Calories, 39g Fats, 1g Net Carbs, and 24g Protein.